From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their on-going strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data – and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
Our tailored external audit services help build trust and confidence through transparency, clarity and consistency. We are 79,000+ professionals based worldwide across 150 countries. Audit services involve reporting on the fairness in all material respects with which a client’s audited financial statements are presented, in conformity with the applicable financial reporting framework.
A new role has arisen within the Professional Practice Group (PPG) that will focus on the enhancing the quality of our Audit services for our clients in the MENA region. You’ll review quality results, oversee implementation of quality processes and procedures and focus on driving service excellence. This is an ideal opportunity to gain experience within the Professional Practice Group and be directly involved in improving quality metrics in the region.
Your key responsibilities
– As Manager / Senior Manager, you’ll review recent Quality Review Program results and identify areas for improvement.
– You’ll design remedial action where necessary and support the execution of such action.
– You’ll draw on your knowledge and experience to solve complex or contentious issues, support the local Partner and build relationships with internal clients and peers.
As a role model for Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM), you’ll confirm that project teams understand and comply with Ernst & Young’s Q&RM guidelines as well as communicate significant issues to partners and other stakeholders.
You’ll be expected to contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training audit professionals as well as understand and follow workplace policies and procedures and communicate these to all levels of staff.
Skills and attributes for success
– Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment.
– Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills.
– This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role, you must have
– Strong academic record including a degree
– Professional accounting qualification
– Experience as a Manager or Senior Manager
– Detailed understanding of risk-based auditing and risk and control strategies
– Thorough knowledge of current EY auditing techniques and experience of the entire EY audit process
– Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
– Knowledge of IFRS
– Understanding of Q&RM procedures
Ideally, you’ll also have
– Proficiency in the Arabic language
– Experience with EY’s PPG
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey. If you have significant experience gaming technology and are passionate about improving the performance of businesses, this is the role for you.
What working at EY offers
– Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
– Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
– The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region
Source: Job Posting - gulftalent.com