Valuations and Business Modelling Opportunities – All Levels – Government and Public Sector
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Valuations and business Modelling professional, you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Valuation, Modelling and Economics (VME) network of specialists who deliver high quality solutions on values creation through each phase of a decision-making support process.
EY has an established industry leading Valuations, Business Modelling and Economic Advisory practice. We advise our clients in addressing their transaction and non-transaction related decision-making process including strategic planning, identification and assessment of value creation for various purposes including strategic expansions / optimizations, reshaping results, operating model redefinition, feasibility assessment, financial reporting, market valuation, transactional considerations, etc.
We are looking for an experienced Valuations and Business Modelling professionals with good understanding and experience relevant for the Government and Public sector, to join our high performing team at various career levels – Senior (mid-career) upto Senior Manager. You will have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
You are likely to spend your day-to-day working on commercial issues, working with management on parts of their expansion / acquisition process or transformation plans and regularly undertake assessments for strategic priorities. You will understand the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client, agreeing value measurements, and providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions, and advice.
You will make technical contributions to client engagements by gaining a thorough understanding of the target business and its market, and of clients’ issues, performing research and analysis of specific industry, governmental bodies and companies operating in the sector. You will plan, prepare, and review deliverables in various forms including written reports, presentations, excel models / data books and discussion documents with the client.
In addition, you will also help to create a positive learning culture for junior team members and support their development. You will take the responsibility for own learning and development, provide coaching to others, and participate in upward feedback.
Skills and attributes for success
– Strategic mindset – you will help clients identifying source of value creation and quantifying it. You will need to have a solution-oriented mind-set to act as a truly advisor to leverage on EY capabilities and assist clients in solving their issues and unlocking potential for value growth
– Commercial Acumen – as part of the team you will regularly advise businesses on commercial issues by performing business case development, valuations, feasibilities, analysis towards achieving optimization or reshaping results acquisitions, and provide opinions on transactions and restructurings
– Financial knowledge – you will work with clients’ management to support them in understanding areas such as sector or company(ies) financial performance and forecasts, impact of acquired assets, budgeting & accounting requirements, fair value opinion, etc. by applying various valuation and modelling techniques.
– Technical skillset – you will be required to design / build / use business models and analytics to generate insights and influence clients to shape how they make their decisions and then guiding them through / facilitating the decision-making process. You will also be conducting research and analysis of publicly available data and information for future market scenarios, data presentation and visualisation as well as supporting go-to-market initiatives and developing new propositions
– Soft skills – you will be working on strategic business modelling projects that are typically characterised by having multiple stakeholders with widely differing agendas and high degrees of complexity and uncertainty. Therefore, your role will demand strong client handling and communication skills and proven commercial awareness as well as reasonable modelling and analytics capability.
To qualify for the role, you would ideally have
– As a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, accounting with robust applied working knowledge and experience of feasibility studies, cost benefit analysis, business case development, strategic planning, strategic options development, financial statement analysis, investment appraisal and valuation techniques
– Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem framing/solving skills with an understanding of a product development cycle in a project-based consulting environment (either internal or external)
– Strong presentation skills, having developed business case, strategic plans to strategic management
– Strong attention to detail, together with an ability to see the big picture
– Excellent oral communication, listening and structured report writing skills
– The resilience and motivation to operate both in a team environment and individually
It would also be advantageous for you to have
– Arabic language skills
– Previous experience in professional services/Big 4 or similar environment
– Experience in advanced excel modelling and / or business analytics tools such as Spotfire, Tableau or Microsoft BI is welcomed
– Achievement of or significant progress toward MBA, CMA, CFA or other professional certification
– Understanding of the broader GCC/MENA market
What we look for
Solution driven individual and “out-of-comfort” zone thinker with demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects. We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for supporting in solving clients’ issues and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients, goals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
– Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
– Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
– Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
– Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region
Source: Job Posting - gulftalent.com