Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS – Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can get the most out of their technology investment and drive business results and innovation.
Title Tech Lab Technologist, Our Firm Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has more than 6,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
We have an unparalleled range of expert capabilities from Strategy, through Advisory and Consulting to Legal, Tax and Assurance Services, underpinned by the standout digital platform in the region.
Our Mission One Firm: Transforming our region. Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. In an increasingly complex world, we help intricate systems function, adapt and evolve so they can benefit communities and society – whether they are capital markets, tax systems or the economic systems within which business and society exist. We help our clients to make informed decisions and operate effectively within them. Our Values Creating value through diversity. Be yourself. Be different. At PwC, we respect and value differences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people and society. As part of our commitment to individuality we are pleased to hear from candidates from diverse backgrounds, with a mixture of skills, capabilities and experience from the below Job Description.
Job Title – Tech Lab Technologist Level Senior Associate Reports to Labs Lead. Location – Dubai
Position summary Role: Emerging Tech Lab Technologist Senior Associate
Description: The Emerging Technology Lab is a group of technologists with expertise in product development, rapid prototyping, and user experience design. We work with new and emerging technologies and help internal PwC stakeholders understand how these technologies can affect their work. At our core we are an innovative R&D group that builds functional prototypes that demonstrate the potential of future technologies. Learn more here What you’ll do: You will be engaged with our Emerging Technology team to build prototypes and solutions for internal teams and clients with a strong focus in developing emerging tech prototypes.
As a technologist, you’re expected to:
Blend technical experience in product development, rapid prototyping, and user experience design with business perspectives from organizations, sectors, and industries.
Help internal teams achieve their goals through rapid iteration, experimentation, and prototyping while maintaining organizational focus to apply past lessons to future endeavors. Who you’ll work with: You will collaborate with a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping PwC solve its complex business issues from strategy to execution.
• Build Proof of Concepts (PoC’s) focusing on solving emerging PwC challenges, using the PwC essential 8 technologies and new emerging tech as follows:
• Based on the pwc industries of focus, recent global and regional trends and/or the business requirements.
• Once the use case & plan is evaluated and approved by team, build and iterate working prototype using the essential 8 technologies – update EmTech leadership on progress and kanban boards.
• Once the built use case meets requirements of internal PwC clients, close out with documentation on the demo catalogue/ marketing snippets, conduct a handoff session with XLab manager/ creative technologist & review session with the EmTech team.
• Stay abreast with the latest global and regional trends in the respective technology field, to increase technical and business acumen such as:
• Take part in PwC cross-territory EmTech community of interest for the respective technology, representing the Middle East perspective and interests.
• Attending conferences/ tech events per year related to this technology.
• Reading the latest news, and then sharing insights with the rest of the team on a regular basis.
• Know the local/ regional ecosystem of startups and companies related to the technologists technology.
• Ideate and share ideas with respective teams:
• Be proactive and share ideas to fill use case backlog in monthly brainstorms.
• Share and support teams and initiatives when necessary.
• Follow, understand and engage with pwc’s strategy and digital agendas.
• Understand different pwc lines of service function and develop xLoS internal relationships.
• Prepare and host informational sessions and trainings with internal PwC teams and/or external clients.
• Undertake at least 1 training focused on technical capabilities and related to a respective technology (online or in person).
• Undertake at least 1 training focused on soft skills related to career development (online or in person).
• Work with the wider EmTech team as needed:
• Work with the Innovation and Research team to properly discover and research before prototypes building.
• Support XLab’s team in personalizing prototypes for new experiences and prepare to run prototype demos for the respective technology event (e.g. conferences, workshops, client tour etc.).
• Prepare technical content for creative experiences as well as creating technical handover documents.
• Work with our Centre of Excellence team when a prototype is needed to be scaled.
• Manage time for EmTech responsibilities, as follows:
• Prioritize time spent on building use cases and time managed other tasks e.g. training, conducting training, and showcasing technology in events.
• Be flexible with time depending on internal client deadlines.
• Comply with pwc compliance, timesheets, booking leave, managing expenses, annual compliance training, snapshots/workday feedbacks.
• Challenge EmTech leadership’s expectations on tasks, time allocation and output expectations, as and when required.
• Have a good work ethic and culture:
• Being proactive, seeking to self learn, self manage, being inquisitive and inclusive.
• Participate and bring new ideas to the table in standups, monthly meets, away days and ideation sessions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar degree preferred.
• 2-3 years of professional experience; experience applied to business problems and solution development is required requirements.
• Fluent communication in English is mandatory and Arabic preferred.
• Experience in one or more of the following 3D Printing, Internet of Things, Drones, Augmented reality, Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence or Robotics.
• Experience in programming e.g. Python, SQL, Node.JS, R, C++, C# (preferably)Experience in 3D design/modelling (preferably).
• Experience working with Cloud Services (preferably).
• Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success collaborating with a broad team of strategy, technology, creative, and production resources, especially coordinating project work with third-party partners and vendors.
• Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success identifying and addressing client needs, building solid relationships with stakeholders, developing an awareness of our emerging technology services, delivering clear requests for information, demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.
Source: Job Posting - gulftalent.com