To efficiently and effectively maintain, develop, troubleshoot and provision enterprise level IT systems. To work within a growing and dynamic global IT team. Provides second and third line support for server issues, primarily resolving issues themselves as the lead escalation engineer, or as escalating (to vendors as required) within the agreed service level agreement.
• Handles tickets with customers, including escalated Linux and Windows server issues.
• Responsible for Hyper-V and VMware clusters (including underlying iSCSI SAN storage).
• Proven ability to learn, work in self-sufficient manner, problem solve and apply new concepts.
• Writes scripts for Zabbix monitoring systems and Linux/Windows scripts for automation.
• Administration of Active Directory (on-premise), Active Directory (Azure AD) and Ubuntu/CentOS/Windows Servers.
• Deploys new servers (Linux and Windows, including preparing templates for fast rollout).
• Monitors servers (via monitoring system and SNMP alerts).
• Proactively maintains and patches servers.
• Configures apache, nginx, MySQL, load balancers, clusters and advanced server configurations.
• Can perform root cause analysis for slow sites (viewing access logs, cache hit rations etc).
• Manages Veeam backup and repositories.
• Manages firewall, network switches (including VLANS), routers (including BGP) and VPNs.
• Escalates IP Transit issues to vendors.
• Helpdesk Manager, Technical Trainer, Sales Manager, Procurement
• Customers, Service Providers, Technology Vendors.
8,000 to 10,000
per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Must have strong English communication both written and verbal.
• Must have knowledge of Windows 7 thru 10, Windows Server, Centos, Ubuntu and Debian.
• Must be confident and socially adept.
• Expert at nginx, Apache, MySQL, caching and web server optimisation.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving ability
• Must be a fast and pro-active self-leaner.
• Must be able to handle pressure from time to time and always meet deadlines.
• Must have excellent time management and organisation skills.
Unified Microsystems is a privately-owned IT Solutions Provider with offices in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Manila, Philippines. It provides IT solutions for clients in the Middle East, Europe and South East Asia.
Source: Job Posting - gulftalent.com