Position: Financial Planning & Reporting Analyst
Section : Business & Financial Reporting
Company : Nakilat
Location : Doha, Qatar
Job Summary and Purpose:
Required : Bilingual (English/Arabic)
Support the continuous improvement initiatives to drive efficiency in financial processes by providing accurate & timely financial reports and analyzing annual budget while ensuring compliance with rules and regulations.
1. Prepare quarterly, half-yearly and annual consolidated financial statements within required timeline
2. Ensure financial statements are prepared in compliance with IFRS & US GAAP
3. Present entity level performance on CFO’s quarterly review meeting
4. Ensure accurate and timely submission of required reports / information to various regulatory authorities (QFMA, QSE, Statistics Dept. etc.)
5. Coordinate with external auditors for annual statutory audit, half-yearly review and interim audit to ensure that all audit queries are adequately addressed and resolved in a timely manner
6. Provide monthly OPEX cost report for Fleet Dept. to comment on variances.
7. Lead annual budget activity and seek relevant information and explanations from budget owners
8. Prepare entity level annual budget with analysis & explanations
9. Prepare financial slides for JV Board meeting and present the annual budget to the JV Board
10. Co-ordinate with departments to ensure Risk Control Matrix for ICOFR is up to date
11. Work with departments or consultant to ensure annual testing of operating effectiveness of internal controls is performed
12. Co-ordinate with External Auditor to ensure alignment on RCM and ICOFR testing and remediation actions
Due Diligence & Investor Relations:
13. Prepare ad-hoc models and analysis to support operational and strategic business decisions.
14. Support Investor Relations team on Arabic related matters – (dealing with regulatory authorities & shareholders’ inquiries)
15. Support Investor Relations team on Nakilat’s Board meetings AGM / EGM and related communications with regulatory authorities
Safety, Health, Environment, & Quality (SHEQ):
16. Adhere to all relevant SHEQ policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
17. Implement approved policies, processes and procedures, and provide instructions to subordinates to ensure their proper implementation.
18. Support continuous improvement initiatives within the team to drive efficiency in financial planning & reporting processes
19. Coordinate with tax advisors for preparation and submission of annual & periodic tax returns (UK VAT, UK Corporate Tax, and Qatari taxation).
20. Coordinate and communicate with JV partners/vessel managers/charterers on regular basis.
21. Carry out any other duties as directed by the Financial Planning & Reporting Manager.
Key Result Areas
• Implement sound financial practices and standards
• Prepare and finalize Statement of Financial position and Income Statement
• Prepare budgets.
• Effective tax calculations and understanding
• Compliance with all accounting standards
• Timely disclosure of accurate Management reports
• Ethical and responsible decisions making
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or any related field
• Specialized certificates are preferred (CPA,ACCA, CA, CMA…etc)
• Minimum 4 years of related experience in a similar position, preferably in a similar industry.
Job Specific Skills:
• Advanced knowledge of accounting and financial principles and tools. (US GAAP & IFRSs)
• Knowledge of financial concepts and statistical/analytical methods and ability to use data effectively to develop, implement and manage operational plans and actions
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.
Source: Job Posting - gulftalent.com