Position: Application Developer
Section : Information Technology
Company : Nakilat – Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd (NKOM)
Location : Ras Laffan / Qatar
Job Summary and Purpose
Participate in analyzing business requirements and converting them into technical solutions, envisioning system features and functionality. As well as contribute to completing applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
System design and development
1. Take ownership of all technical developments during project implementation across various SAP modules (FI/CO, MM, SD, PS, HR, Payroll, BOC, SuccessFactors, and ARIBA).
2. Support SAP Net weaver Portal UI5 / HCP / PI / API..
3. Support project using ABAP and Java programming languages HCP, and oData.
4. Ensure that coding conventions are being followed.
5. Analyze SAP code for SAP functional analyst to help with functional configuration.
6. Develop ABAP Reports, ABAP Charts, Data dictionary, user exit, Enhancement Framework, BADI, BAPI, RFC, ALV, BTE, Payroll Functions and ABAP Object oriented programming.
7. Develop and configure Portal UI5 applications related applications using WebIDE, in XML or JAVA and oData Channel.
8. Develop BDC programs using the T-Code SHDB/Function Modules and develops custom screen (DIALOG PROGRAMING) to meet business requirements.
9. Assist Info-types to meet business requirements.
10. Develop print forms using UI5, SAP cloud Portal, SMARTFORMS, HRFORMS, SAP, WSDL Scripts, and knowledge of Adobe Interactive forms.
11. Perform end to end testing on newly developed or enhanced applications.
12. Configure User Management Engine to interface with MS Active Directory.
13. Implement Single Sign on Access (SSO) to portal.
14. Perform patch and new-version releases to test, staging and production interface environments.
15. Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
16. Ensure that new applications and interfaces conform to the systems development coding standards; are modular and well documented and are re-usable where possible.
17. Ensure that coding conventions are being followed.
18. Performing end to end testing on newly developed or enhanced applications.
19. Ensure that new applications and interfaces conform to the systems development coding standards; are modular and well documented and are re-usable where possible.
1. Support and develop application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE)
1. Adhere to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that the Company provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
1. Implement approved policies, processes and procedures, and provide instructions to subordinates to ensure their proper implementation.
1. Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
Key Result Areas
• Timely, Analyze and convert business requirements to technical solutions
• Develop Software Applications
• Testing of enhanced and developed applications
• Design and develop of Workflows and Approvals Process
• Ensure applications conform to coding standards
• Support subordinates as and when required
• Integration of multiple systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with specialized certificates are preferred.
• Certified in SAP application development programming mandatory.
• Certified in .Net programming optional.
• Microsoft Certified Azure Developer or DevOps Optional.
• Optional Microsoft Certified Azure Security Engineer Optional.
• 5+ years of Experience in SAP ABAP, UIX, and WebDynpro.
• 5+ years of experience in .NET, C#, ASP .NET, T-SQL, SharePoint, Web Parts and workflow creation preferable.
• Office 365 / SharePoint Online / On-premise Development Experience preferable.
Job Specific Competencies:
• Experience programming in SAP Platform mainly in ABAP, UIX, and WebDynpro.
• Experience programming in .NET, C#, ASP .NET, T-SQL, SharePoint, Web Parts and workflow creation (Optional).
• Experience in API Technology management such as OData Channel, RESET API, and others.
• Knowledge of various fields of Software Engineering like Requirements gathering, analysis, Design, Development, unit testing, End User testing.
• Office 365 / SharePoint Online / On-premise Development Experience (Optional).
• Experience as a SharePoint Developer in the analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of web- based applications (Optional).
• Experience with SharePoint’s application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services (Optional).
• Good Computer and Software troubleshooting skills.
• Good Communication and interpersonal skills.
• Efficient and excellent Team Player.
• Ability to work under pressure and be a good listener.
• Quick in learning and imparting knowledge to others.
• Strong customer service orientation; Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience in WordPress development will be added advantage.
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.
Source: Job Posting - gulftalent.com