Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Global Technology Services remote open source applications support mission is in the third wave of “start-up mode”. Join us in what promises to be an incredible journey in helping customers transform their businesses onto open source projects.
IBM’s Open Source Services team is looking for hands-on technical experts with deep admin and operations experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
– Solution construction, implementation, and systems integration
– Translate requirements into the design and development of customized systems
– Conduct health check and recommend improvements in architecture or configuration
– Troubleshoot and resolve design and configuration issues in the customer’s environment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
– Five years of implementation experience on one or more of these open source projects: Apache Kafka, OpenJDK, Spring Framework, Java, Apache ActiveMQ, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Apache Hadoop, Apache Hbase, Apache Spark
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Previous Customer Facing Role
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
– Skills to develop software solutions using cloud native technologies utilizing languages such as Python, Java or Golang via DevOps best practices
– Existing contributions to an Open Source community or a desire to do so
– An understanding of what it takes to migrate from proprietary to Open Source platforms
– Experience with event driven architecture and messaging
– Cloud integration experience
– You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
– Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
– Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
– Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
– Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region’s technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company’s history and, today, IBM is much more than a “hardware, software, services” company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Source: Job Posting - gulftalent.com