Our client, a financial and investment entity, is currently looking for an Investment Financial Analyst to be based in their Abu Dhabi office. In this role, the person will be responsible for maintaining the records of the investment portfolios by completing all accounting entries to ensure accurate and timely data records are created, and analyzing and reporting the required information to stakeholders. Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Production of the weekly cash book accurately and within the defined timelines, using internally developed systems as well as Excel based processes.
• Develop sustainable processes with respect to new investments and investment strategies in coordination with the Treasury and Custody teams, in order to capture data and report on it.
• Verification of weekly pricing of investment securities and analyzing variances above threshold using independent pricing sources as well as information provided by the external fund administrator, to confirm accurate pricing of the portfolio.
• Review trades captured by external fund administrator to confirm accuracy and completeness in the books of records, and appropriate valuations of internally managed portfolios, by reviewing change reports and pricing checks implemented.
• Implement additional checks where required.
• Assist in the implementation of new accounting systems by providing input and direction to the IT teams for areas assigned.
• Participate as a business user to develop and enhance systems, as required.
• Independent completion and review of bank reconciliations, fund manager reconciliations and custody reconciliations.
• Reviews of collateral calculations provided by loan calculation agents, and confirmation of the same with administrator records. If required, the LTV calculations need to be updated.
• Interacts with investment departments in identifying potential risks, suggesting improvements to controls, performance analysis, financial forecasts and other ad hoc reports.
• Potential risks could include financial, system or process-oriented risks embedded within reporting, process oriented, or control activities.
• Develop reporting functionalities on business intelligence software to improve analysis and reduce reporting errors.
• Assist with the annual audit process as well as with the preparation of the Internal Controls of Financial Reporting (ICOFR) certification.
• Carry out other similar or related duties as required.
To be considered for this role, the ideal candidates MUST meet the following non-negotiable criteria:
• A minimum of 3 years of experience post CA in similar or complementary roles within financial institutions or department dedicated to Financial Institutions / Fund accounting firm or one of the Big 4 firms
• Strong Academics(BA & CA/ CFA)
• Strong Excel Skills
• Knowledge of General Asset Classes
• Good understanding of financial products
• Sound understanding of and experience with:
– The principles of integrated cost and general ledger accounting system.
– The complete accounting cycle from raw data capture stage until the production of audited financial statements.
– Multi-currency accounting theory and practice.
– Life cycle of financial products (e.g. equities, hedge funds, private equity, real estate etc.).
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Sound analytical and intellectual capabilities
Candidates based outside UAE are welcome to apply.
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider
that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Source: Job Posting - gulftalent.com