• To ensure high quality regulatory reporting in compliance with CBI regulations and requirements and implementation of Group standards and policies where required.
• To assist CFO/FC Iraq maintaining strong relationships with CBI departments and Tax Authorities.
• Networking and liaison with the key finance customers – Group Finance, Business Finance, Local Regulators, Central Bank Inspectors, Statutory Auditors and Tax Auditors.
• To provide effective financial support to other finance customers like Group Finance, Group Corporate Treasury, Group Market Risk, Group Taxation, Group Auditors, Statutory Auditors, Local Regulators, Other Support Functions, etc.
• To help maintain an effective control environment ensuring that all regulatory and financial control requirements are met. Most importantly, to ensure the robustness and integrity of the General Ledger of the Bank.
• To contribute to cost efficiencies in Iraq through effective financial business support to the function.
• Providing strong Finance Support to the Business.
• Develop report & monitor both leading & lagging financial and non-financial key performance indicators for WB and its constituent businesses.
• Monitor implementation of strategy, objectives & budget for business
• Assist in developing robust business plans for Business and provide management with the information necessary to monitor performance against these plans.
• Ensure compliance and implementation of Group standards & policies.
• Ensure all regulatory & financial control requirements are met.
• Network & liaise with key partners in Finance & other relevant members.
• To initiate and coordinate the formulation of the annual Business Operating Plans, Budgeting process. Also, to monitor and provide MoM progress analysis for actual Vs projected numbers.
• To ensure that financial statements and returns are prepared in adherence with regulatory requirements and group IFRS standards.
• ALCO member & secretary, provide different and new developments to assist business in planning and mitigating the risk where identified.
• Supervise and coordinate month end activities by reviewing and approving different entries and further checking the following schedules and P&L, BS and forecast packs..
• To play a leading part in managing the bank’s operational financial structure in Iraq including funding, liquidity, FCY Position, Equity, Lending, limits and risk.
• To handle the evaluations of local projects and revenue natures in accordance with group guidelines.
• To monitor the capital expenditure and to ensure adherence to budget limits.
• To supervise and monitor recording of bank’s fixed assets and depreciation.
• Main point of contact with the bank’s service excellence team setting in Chennai, follow up on the SLA’s and the proper implementation.
• Responsible on following up the ORP points related to country finance and LKCSA updates
• Responsible for finance A/C’s monthly reconciliation.* Day to day country finance operations to include different departments inquiries , CBRs , Accruals and prepaid entries … etc
• To perform a daily oversight on the bank’s P&L and BS accounts using trackers receives daily from FSSC team including Trial Balance review. Investigating with responsible businesses if any hits.
• To insure the AP process is within the signed SLA with FSSC team and CRES dept. This is to insure the required cost control is monitored and to reflect a better image and reputation to SCB
• Financial Controls
• Management Accounting
• Financial Accounting
• Regulatory Reporting
• Business Finance
• Liquidity risk management
• Capital risk management
• A strong and robust financial reporting within minimal errors.
• Compliance from a financial point of view on all Group policies, IFRS, Local Regulatory policies, Delegation of Authority, Basel Committee etc…
• Delivering high quality submission of the required returns to regulatory.
• Formulation of Financial Strategic Plan / Budgets, CAPEX and ALM management..
• Identifying major trends at early stages to enable the business take remedial action accordingly i.e signal business risk, contribute to cost saving
• Results of Audit, Internal & External reviews.
• Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
• The ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
• Act as the Accounting & financial reporting, Tax, Regulatory reporting, risk control owner under the Group’s Risk Management Framework. Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility.
• Manage operational risk of the Finance function through all applicable policies and by serving as local Risk Owner for operational risk sub-types under External Rules & Regulations;
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
• BA in Finance, banking or accounting is required.
• Master’s degree, CPA or any other professional certificate is a plus
• Attended relevant Banking and management training courses,
• Languages; Arabic and English languages are required for role
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.
Source: Job Posting - gulftalent.com