Our client is one of the leading digital assets companies that provide secure financial services across the GCC. They are currently looking for an Assistant Compliance Officer/Deputy MLRO to be based in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support the Head of Compliance in implementing the board-approved compliance program, ensuring that the Company complies with regulatory requirements and internal procedures.
• Maintain an effective AML/CFT communication program for the organization, including an effective compliance training program for all relevant employees and senior management.
• Support the Head of Compliance in conducting internal compliance monitoring.
• Responsible for the timely response to inquiries from regulators or other authorities.
• Monitor the performance of the AML/CFT program and related activities continuously, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
• Maintain knowledge and updates of industry standards and international regulatory requirements and highlight to management any concerns of non-compliance or improvements that need revision.
• Ensure all relevant staff is effectively trained on AML/CFT and their respective responsibilities and identifying any additional training needs – as required.
• Responsible for receiving and addressing all Compliance and AML/CFT related queries, including STRs, and getting them reviewed by the MLRO for further analysis and reporting to the authorities as required.
• Assist the Head of Compliance and MLRO in preparing annual reports on
• Compliance-related matters, including AML/CFT presentations and Compliance MIS to the Senior Management and Board of Directors.
• Ensure all staff in the Compliance Department are being developed and trained appropriately.
• Assist the Head of Compliance and MLRO with other compliance-related activities – as required.
• Handle any other ad-hoc assignments delegated by the Head of Compliance from time to time.
Qualification & Requirements:
• At least 3 years of experience in Compliance/AML/ Risk function with a ?nancial institution in Bahrain.
• Well versed with MS Excel & associated analytical tools
• Ability to focus on details and strong work ethic.
• Professional Certifications – CAMS / ICA Advanced Certification or Diploma or equivalent certifications are preferred but not mandatory.
• Knowledge of Digital Assets is preferred.
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties.
We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more.
Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Source: Job Posting - gulftalent.com