Job Description Summary
• This position will be pivotal in establishing the standards, architecture and adoption strategy for cloud environments. You will work on multiple facets of cloud including architecture, automation, migration and software development.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will
• Participate in the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction.
• Assist in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements at project level.
• Participate in the infrastructure architecture governance model.
• Support design and deployment of infrastructure solutions meeting standardization, consolidation, TCO, security, regulatory compliance and application system qualities, for different businesses.
• Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
• Coach and mentor team members
• Required Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree. A minimum 8 years of professional experience.
• Desired Characteristics
• Skilled level expertise in design of computing or network or storage to meet business application system qualities
• Understands technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
• Understands concepts of setting and driving architecture direction.
• Familiar with elements of gathering architecture requirements.
• Understands architecture standards concepts to apply to project work.
• Experience implementing Azure
• Understands CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, Ansible and Terraform
• Business Acumen:
• Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics.
• Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components. Works to assure work is on-time and within budget.
• Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals.
• Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
• Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback.
• Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice.
• Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas.
• Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
• Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation.
• Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Inclusion & Diversity
We are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Gas Power, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging.
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE’s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.
Source: Job Posting - gulftalent.com