Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in Business Intelligence within our Digital Trust practice, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. You’ll make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
Creating business intelligence from data requires an understanding of the business, the data, and the technology used to store and analyse that data. Using our Rapid Business Intelligence Solutions, data visualisation and integrated reporting dashboards, we can deliver agile, highly interactive reporting and analytics that help our clients to more effectively run their business and understand what business questions can be answered and how to unlock the answers.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
– Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
– Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
– Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
– Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
– Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
– Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
– Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
– Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
– Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
– Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
– Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
– Technical Project Manager is the lead subject matter expert regarding technology projects and is expected to use his/her practical industry expertise to improve all aspects of project planning and resource management on projects that will be assigned to him/her.
This position is a 1 year contract working on international banking and financial institution engagements, with a competitive compensation package.
– Must have deep technical knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
– Demonstrable experience in Software Development and other types of Digital Transformation projects.
– Data Warehouse project management experience is a must.
– Cloud Architecture knowledge/solutioning. Or a fair demonstrable experience of cloud deployments.
– Agile project Management ( using any of the known PM Frameworks) – important
– Extensive knowledge or aptitude of using MS Projects or similar Project Management Tools.
– Experience in implementing BI solutions and/or Data warehouse solutions.
– A good communicator ( the ability to communicate and collaborate with non-technical audience or members of the project ) with complete fluency in written and spoken English.
– Experience working in Financial Services Institution is desirable
– Either Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2 Practitioner
– CompTIA Project+ certification
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they’re looking for.
We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets – UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.
Source: Job Posting - gulftalent.com